CNMN and the Eckhardt-Grammaté Competition invites you to a conversation envisioning Sustainable Futures for music and sound artists and organizations,arts workers and audiences.
Room 1–20 Queen Elizabeth II Music Building, 270 — 18th Street, Brandon, Manitoba
11:00am ‑1:00pm April 21, 2023 — a light lunch will be provided
Join us in a facilitated discussion of questions including:
- How can music and sound organizations support artistic works and initiatives that both promote greater awareness of climate issues and engage in the authoring of a healthier world?
- How is language and policy shifting to address the impact of climate on music and sound practice and presentation?
- What tools and support can arts organizations like CNMN offer to support the continued relevance and viability of our sector?What is reasonable or radical?
- How can we as individuals and as a community process and move through the challenging emotions that transformation and sustainability may evoke: from (eco)grief, complacency, complicity, to overwhelm and isolation.
- How do we ground our organizations and ourselves in practical optimism, taking tangible steps towards a more sustainable world?
Participants will include presenters, funding organizations, artists and researchers from and for a broad range of creative music and sound practices and audiences.
Please RSVP to Terri Hron at email@example.com