Join us for our AGM Thursday, September 17 at 1 pm.
Position Type: Part-time contract
Application Closing: September 21, 2020
Start Date: October 1, 2020
End Date: June 30, 2021, with the possibility of renewal
Location: Montréal, Quebec
Hours: 15 hrs/month
Compensation: $22.50 per hour
The Administrative Assistant will help the Executive Director with administrative and organizational tasks related to membership management. The Administrative Assistant will report to the ED.
- Maintain the online membership management and mailing list system, including checking new applications, membership renewals and dues; updating organizational member data and preparing receipts when necessary.
- Attend regular meetings with the ED
- Assist the ED and Communications Assistant with communication, administration, grant writing and other tasks as needed
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferably in a related field
- Some experience working in an administrative role
- Knowledge of the Canadian music scene a plus
- Bilingual – fluency in English and French, both spoken and written
- Experience with database management
- Excellent written communication
- Excellent people skills
- Ability to work independently, with necessary organizational and time-management skills. CNMN works mainly virtually, so applicants should be comfortable to work from home with occasional in-person meetings (pending COVID-19 regulations).
- Knowledge of social media platforms, including Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and Instagram
How to Apply
Deadline: September 21, 2020
- Letter of motivation
- Contact information for two references (Referees will only be contacted after applicants are selected for interview.)
Please send all materials in PDF format to email@example.com with Administrative Assistant Application – YOUR NAME in the subject line by September 21, 2020.
The Canadian New Music Network is an equitable-opportunity employer, recognizing diversity in all its forms (race, culture, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, language, physical ability, and age). We welcome applications from traditionally under-represented populations.
Thank you for your interest!