CNMN and Music on Main’s Modulus Festival invite you to a conversation envisioning Sustainable Futures for music and sound artists and organizations, arts workers and audiences.
TIME CHANGE! 2:30 — 4:30 PM, November 6, 2023
The Roundhouse | 181 Roundhouse Mews
- How can music and sound organizations support artistic works and initiatives that both promote greater awareness of climate issues and engage in the authoring of a healthier world?
- How is language and policy shifting to address the impact of climate on music and sound practice and presentation?
- What tools and support can arts organizations like CNMN offer to support the continued relevance and viability of our sector?What is reasonable or radical?
- How can we as individuals and as a community process and move through the challenging emotions that transformation and sustainability may evoke: from (eco)grief, complacency, complicity, to overwhelm and isolation.
- How do we ground our organizations and ourselves in practical optimism, taking tangible steps towards a more sustainable world?
Participants will include presenters, funding organizations, artists and researchers from and for a broad range of creative music and sound practices and audiences. For more on our ongoing series of Sustainable Futures Conversations, please check out the Report.
Please RSVP to Terri Hron at email@example.com