The CNMN and Circuit, musiques contemporaines, continue their partnership to provide CNMN members access to a significant discount subscription rate to Circuit.
The Circuit collection includes issues addressing a wide range of subjects, from composer bios to politics, aesthetic and compositional craftsmanship questions. Here are a few examples of specific issue topics :
- “Réflexions sur le métier de compositeur: Identité et singularités” (27.1; 2017)
- “Musiques aux limites de l’image: Images at the Limits of Music” (26.3; 2016)
- “Tzadik: L’esthétique discographique de John Zorn” (25.3; 2015)
- “Contenir le sonore: Les nouveaux profils de la notation” (25.1; 2015)
- “La musique contemporaine d’hier à demain” (20.1–2; 2010)
- “Pionniers canadiens de la lutherie électronique” (19.3; 2009)
- “Composer au féminin” (19.1; 2009)
Special subscription discount | CNMN members can subscribe to vol. 27 (2016) or vol. 28 (2017) at a special rate of $20 for the first year of their subscription, and then $33 (equivalent to a student subscription rate) for the subsequent years.
About | Circuit publishes three issues (one volume) each year. Designed as both an art magazine and a means for aesthetic reflection, it is intended for everyone who is concerned by the challenges of contemporary musical and artistic creation. Established in 1989 by Lorraine Vaillancourt, founder and artistic director of the Nouvel Ensemble Moderne (in residence at the Université de Montréal), and Jean-Jacques Nattiez, inaugural editor, Circuit publishes French and English articles, papers and reports about contemporary music output in Quebec, North America and beyond.
Don’t hesitate to contact us for more information!