The results are in! The new board will be welcomed at our 2016 AGM this fall, but we wanted everyone to hear the great news before then.
Our board composition grows by three seats this mandate: a second seat for the B.C. region and two new seats specifically for non-regional representation. Thanks go to the 15 self-nominees for participating. We would like to welcome back our members who are returning for another mandate, as well as eight new members.
We would like to generously thank the following outgoing board members: Kyle Brenders, Stacey Brown, Louise Campbell, Jim Montgomery and Heidi Ouellette. Your commitment and energy has made CNMN a vibrant supporter of new music in the Canadian landscape.
Note: Jennifer Waring has taken on the position of Interim President!
- Norman Adams – Cellist, improviser, artistic director – SuddenlyLISTEN Music – Halifax (NS)
- Jérôme Blais – Composer, professor of music, Dalhousie – Halifax (NS)
- Sarah Albu – Vocalist, improviser, sound artist – Montréal
- Tim Brady – Composer and performer, director – Bradyworks– Montréal
- Marc-Olivier Lamontagne – Guitarist, artistic director – Codes d’accès – Montréal
- Kathryn Ladano – Artistic director – NUMUS concerts, bass clarinettist, improviser, educator, new music performer – Kitchener
- Juliet Palmer – Composer & artistic director, Urbanvessel – Toronto
- Jennifer Waring – Co-founder and past artistic director – Continuum – Dundas
- Alain Perron – Composer, professor of music – University of Regina – Regina (SK)
- Megumi Masaki – Performer, improviser, educator – Brandon
Alberta and the Northern Territories
- Po Yeh – Administrator – Honens, New Works Calgary, Land’s End Ensemble – Calgary
- Jennifer Butler – Composer, past-president, Canadian League of Composers – Vancouver (BC)
- David Pay – Artistic director – Music on Main – Vancouver
- Sean Clarke – Composer, performer, educator – Calgary/Ottawa
- Emily Doolittle – Composer – Glasgow, UK/Halifax