Planning is underway for the upcoming 2018 FORUM. The focus is on Inter-Arts and the event will take place in two locations: Victoriaville and Montréal.
The dates have been confirmed:
May 17 & 18, Victoriaville
May 19 & 20, Montréal
Our partners are the Festival International de Musique Actuelle de Victoriaville (FIMAV), Groupe Le Vivier and the Department of Music at Concordia University.
The call for proposals is open with a deadline of January 3rd 2018.
2016-17 preliminary planning discussions touched on the following areas of interest:
- combining music with other artistic practices – considerations/challenges/rewards
- combining music with other non-artistic disciplines – considerations/challenges/rewards
- moving outside your own music/sound practice, integrating new skills
- marketing advantages and myths
- funding inter-arts projects
- developing inter-arts projects
- challenge to the audience – the brain’s ability to process visual and auditory input simultaneously
Want to help, got ideas, have questions? Contact Jennifer Waring.
Project team members: Jennifer Waring (chair), Tim Brady, Po Yeh, Juliet Palmer, Pierrette Gingras, Sandeep Bhagwati
Submitted by Jennifer Waring, October 2017