Quebec Regional Meeting – in Montreal
• Sunday, December 9th, 2012 – 2pm
• Conseil des arts de Montréal – 1210, Sherbrooke East, Montréal
• A CNMN and Bradyworks co-production.
• Contacts: Tim Brady – firstname.lastname@example.org – 514-931-9747; Stacey Brown – email@example.com
• 2pm to 5pm – Two Simultaneous Sessions:
• CNMN “100 moments” + strategy session
• Open to all – we want your ideas!
• Moderated by Cléo Palacio-Quintin and Stacey Brown
• Agenda – the items we will be discussing are:
• The “100 moments” project: Elaborated by two of our members, Sandeep Bhagwati (QC) and Karen Sunabacka (MB), this project proposes the creation of an open web resource that, by surveying participants in the milieu, gathers and celebrates Canadian New Music events, works, persons, ensembles and institutions, past and present. In order to bring to fruition this project that highlights pivotal moments in new music in Canada, we sincerely wish to have your input and involvement in all the varied aspects of its development.
• Long term strategies – dissemination and accessibility – new music. Partnerships to establish? Stakeholders to contact? Public sector? Private sector? Strategic alliances?
• Networking – FORUM Calgary 2014 / Ottawa – 2016 – your ideas, your comments
• Other issues of mutual concern
• “A Career In New Music?”
• Professional Development Workshop for emerging artists
• Organised by Bradyworks Ensemble
• Presenters: Tim Brady (Bradyworks/OSL), Barbara Scales (Latitude 45 Arts Promotions), Véronique Lacroix (ECM+), Jean Dérôme (freelance – musique actuelle/Jazz)
• Download the Flyer (PDF)
• 5pm to 5:30pm – Special General Meeting
• 5:30pm to 7pm – “5 à 7” (mixer) for all participants
Last minute participants are welcome, but try to let us know if you are coming so we can have some idea of numbers: firstname.lastname@example.org
Schedule Subject to change without prior notification.
November 20, 2012
It is with pleasure that we invite you to a regional meeting of the Canadian New Music Network. As a stakeholder in the Canadian new music scene, it would be great if you could participate and/or designate someone from your organisation (if applicable) to represent you. Your particular voice will be of great value to our organisation.
The regional meeting will be held in Montreal on December 9, 2012 at 1210 Sherbrooke E. (Conseil des arts de Montréal), from 2pm to 5pm, followed by a Special General Meeting from 5pm to 5:30pm.
Held concurrently with the regional meeting, a workshop organised by Bradyworks for emerging artists will be taking place on site from 2pm to 5pm.
We will finish the day jointly with a 5 à 7 bringing together participants of the Bradyworks workshop and the regional meeting. A great opportunity to get to know each other better!
For any questions about the regional meeting, please contact Stacey Brown at the following address: email@example.com.
We also warmly welcome your fellow colleagues — feel free to speak with them or forward this information.
Last minute participants are welcome, but try to let us know if you are coming so we can have some idea of numbers. Thank you, we look forward to hearing from you soon.
Stacey Brown, Cléo Palacio-Quintin and Tim Brady
Quebec Representatives, Canadian New Music Network (CNMN)
P.S. If you are not yet a member of CNMN and wish to participate in this meeting, we encourage you to join the CNMN as a member beforehand. CNMN welcomes everyone and offers a free, non-voting membership along with the traditional voting membership. Joining is easy with our online form. Check out our PDF brochure and our Electronic Bulletins to learn more about us.