Cnmn is thrilled to announce a call for short videos by Canadian and resident artists working in creative music and sound to be showcased on its social media platforms and online during the CNMN 2021 Forum • Listen Up.
WHAT IS IT?
On September 28, CNMN launches its online 2021 Forum, a ten-week celebration of the creative music and sound community around its activist theme, Listen Up. Over those ten weeks, we will be sharing the following online:
- 5 videos on Land, Access, Indigenous, Innovation and Community issues, with the voices and work of artistic leaders;
- 4 events produced by presenters from the heart of Canada on the Prairies;
- A showcase of 20+ short videos of creative music and sound artists from across the country and artistic practice.
We will begin accepting applications for the Listen Up Showcase on August 17! Any videos from 1 to 6 minutes in length will be considered — your video will be featured on our social media platforms (Instagram & Facebook) and subsequently on the Forum webpage. Each chosen video will be awarded a $500 prize. Videos can be complete works, excerpts of performances, documentations of process, or other creative uses of video & sound. Submissions related to the Listen Up theme will be given priority.
HOW TO APPLY?
Please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 15, 2021:
- Bio (100 words) with link to your website and/or social media;
- A photo of you;
- A short description of your video (100 words);
- Link to your video (and password, if applicable). We will strive to accept various ways of receiving materials, with a preference for .mp4 files by wetransfer. We will be sharing these videos on social media: please take into account Istagram and Facebook formats. Previously unreleased videos will be given priority;
- Confirmation that you have rights to distribute this material.