The Canadian New Music Network invites members to participate in the Open Call for Proposals for Forum 2020, taking place in Regina from May 21 to 24, 2020. Find out more details about the 14th edition of CNMN’s Forum here.
Forum 2020 — Listen up — celebrates the spirit of activism and inclusion through five themes:
Access, Community, Indigenous Resurgence, Land and Technology-Innovation.
We welcome proposals for
- 15-minute (demo-)presentations (with a subsequent 5‑minute round of questions) engaging with one of the five themes. Selected presenters will be invited to join in a group discussion with other session members and participants.
- Proposals are also encouraged for 20- or 40-minute workshops engaging Forum participants in one of the five themes.
- Proposals for sound-art works and performances (20-minute maximum) with an explanation of how they relate to one or more of the themes are also accepted.
Applications that encourage participatory or mutual learning elements are most highly encouraged.
Participants whose proposals are selected will have their travel and accommodations covered, as well as the Forum fee waived. The jury for the Open Call is comprised of CNMN’s membership from across the country. Anyone working in the creation or presentation of new creative music and sound is encouraged to apply! Applications in FR and EN accepted.
Please send the following application materials to Terri Hron: firstname.lastname@example.org by
January 24 February 3, 2020
In one document (.doc or .docx preferred, but .odt, .rtf and .pdf accepted), the following:
- Legal and preferred name
- Postal address, email address and phone number.
- 100-word bio (for the Forum program)
- Personal website URL and/or Soundcloud/Vimeo
- Short 100-word presentation or 200-word workshop blurb (for the Forum program)
- 500-word (maximum) presentation or workshop proposal
CV (maximum 3 pages)
Please also send:
- A high-resolution photo of yourself (2MB max) (for the Forum program)