Forum 2020: Participant Travel and Expense Support

Are you inter­est­ed in CNMN Forum 2020: Lis­ten up in Regi­na, May 21–24?

Would you like to par­tic­i­pate, but can­not afford trav­el costs and relat­ed expenses?

The Cana­di­an New Music Net­work under­stands that musi­cians work­ing in cre­ative new music and exper­i­men­tal prac­tices often expe­ri­ence finan­cial pre­car­i­ty and main­tain them­selves with lim­it­ed means. For the first time, we are able to offer finan­cial aid to a lim­it­ed num­ber of Forum par­tic­i­pants. CNMN will con­sid­er air­fare, train and/or vehi­cle trav­el expens­es with­in Cana­da, and will cov­er on-site accom­mo­da­tions, per diem, and reg­is­tra­tion fee at Forum 2020. Please note: due to lim­it­ed resources, we may only be able to pro­vide par­tial funding.

To apply, please com­plete the fol­low­ing in one PDF document:

1. Pro­vide your name and city/town/area of residence.
  2. Tell us why you wish to attend Forum 2020. (Max. 300 words)
  3. Describe the finan­cial sup­port you require, includ­ing an esti­mate of your total trav­el costs. (Max. 200 words)
  4. Include your artis­tic bio (or a descrip­tion of your prac­tice and/or role in the arts sec­tor). (Max. 200 words)

Email your appli­ca­tion to: dir@reseaumusiquesnouvelles.ca
We encour­age appli­cants to become (free) mem­bers of CNMN and engage with us on social media!

Appli­ca­tions will be open until April 1 and will be eval­u­at­ed by a fund­ing committee.

All appli­cants will be con­tact­ed with results when they become available.