CNMN – Atlantic Regional Meeting – in Halifax
Join an open discussion on the state of our art forms in Atlantic Canada, moderated by Norm Adams.
• When – Saturday, January 12th, 2012 – 1pm to 3:00pm
• MacAloney Room (Room 406) – 2nd floor – Dalhousie Arts Centre – 6101 University Ave., Halifax, NS – map
• In conjunction with the annual Open Waters Festival January 10 to 12, 2013.
• Contact: Paul Cram – email@example.com – 902-461-1232
We will touch on subjects that can include:
• Who is our audience, and how can we build it?
• What do we need to operate more successfully?
• How can we better collaborate?
• Where can we get more support for our work?
We look forward to seeing you!
As a stakeholder in the new music scene here in the Atlantic Region, it would be great if you could participate and/or designate someone from your organization (if applicable) to represent you. We also warmly welcome your colleagues — feel free to speak with them or forward this information.
For those of you who are not yet members of the Canadian New Music Network, we ask that you consider doing so. CNMN welcomes everyone and offers a free, non-voting membership along with the traditional voting membership. Joining is easy with our online form. Check out our Members Listing, our PDF brochure and our Electronic Bulletins to learn more about us. Feel free to email Emily Hall – admin@newmusicnetwork – for answers or assistance.
About Our Moderator
Norman Adams is a Canadian cellist, specializing in free improvised, interactive electronic and classical music. He believes in music made from listening, collaboration and interaction. He loves to express the music of our ancestors and the music of his reality. He loves to combine and integrate sounds: old and new, acoustic and electronic, pure and processed. He strives to find the music in all sound, getting inside a sound to find its core and expression. He believes that music made out of listening is music of the heart. Find more information on his web site and at suddenlyLISTEN, where he is Artistic Director.
Schedule Subject to change without prior notification.