Position Type: Part-time contract
Application Closing: September 20, 2022
Start Date: October 1, 2022
End Date: June 30, 2023, with the possibility of renewal
Hours: 24 hrs/month
Compensation: $22.50 per hour
The Administrative Assistant will help the Executive Director with administrative and organizational tasks related to membership management. The Administrative Assistant will report to the ED.
- Maintain the online membership management and mailing list system, including checking new applications, membership renewals and dues; updating organizational member data and preparing receipts when necessary.
- Attend regular meetings with the ED
- Assist the ED and Communications Assistant with communication, administration, grant writing and other tasks as needed, including caption & translation corrections for online archives
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferably in a related field
- Some experience working in an administrative role
- Knowledge of the Canadian music scene a plus
- Bilingual – fluency in English and French, both spoken and written
- Experience with database management
- Excellent written communication
- Excellent people skills
- Ability to work independently, with necessary organizational and time-management skills. CNMN works mainly virtually, so applicants should be comfortable to work from home with occasional in-person meetings (pending COVID-19 regulations).
- Knowledge of social media platforms, including Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and Instagram
How to Apply
Deadline: September 20, 2022
- Letter of motivation
- Contact information for two references (Referees will only be contacted after applicants are selected for interview.)
Please send all materials in PDF format to email@example.com with Administrative Assistant Application — YOUR NAME in the subject line by September 20, 2022.
The Canadian New Music Network is an equitable-opportunity employer, recognizing diversity in all its forms (race, culture, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, language, physical ability, and age). We particularly welcome applications from those who identify as women, non-binary, Black, Indigenous, People of Colour, and traditionally under-represented populations.
Thank you for your interest!